- You can obtain symptom levels 1 and 2 with Virus Food, which you start with a dispenser full of. For symptom levels 3 and 4 you will need to acquire Unstable Mutagen. Levels 5 and 6 requires liquid plasma.
- Higher Resistance means the virus will be harder to cure and the cure will be a more rare substance.
- Higher overall transmittable level means the virus will generally have a more dangerous method of infection.
Table Legend: S=Stealth, R=Resistance, SS=Stage Speed, T=Transmittable, L=Level
After you're done mixing your disease, stats from the symptoms are added together to make disease stats. Here's what exactly they do:
- Stealth of 2 or higher will hide your disease from medHUD and scanners. Stealth of 3 or higher will hide it from P.A.N.D.E.M.I.C. machine.
- Transmission is determined as follows: (disease's transmission - amount of symptoms). 1 or less is blood, 2-4 is contact, 5 is airbone. However, sneezing will force it to be airbone.
- Chance of advancing a stage per tick is 2% or stage speed, whichever is higher.
- Cure depends on resistance and amount of symptoms: resistance - (amount of symptoms / 2)
|1 or less||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11 or more|
- Chance of it being cured every tick is 15 - resistance, but always between 10 and 20.
- Transmission affects how much protective gear you must have to protect yourself from it.
Thankfully, humanity has managed to cure and eliminate almost all of the diseases that plagued its infancy. However, the vast reaches of space have been found to harbor new illnesses that can affect the unprepared staff on Nanotrasen research stations.
Forced Evolution Virus
One of the symptoms you can obtain is the Viral Re-adaption Secretion. This virus will cause the infected patient to secret a chemical known as "Viral Re-adaption".
The chemical will not react with anything except blood and only cause massive brute damage on a living person. It's main use is to combine several symptoms into one stronger unobtainable symptom.
To do this, start by injection someone with Viral Re-adaption Secretion. Keep checking on their blood with a medical analyzer. Once they start secreting it, you can inject them with a virus composed of the right symptoms. Note that the Secretion will react while inside a mob, so you can save time by combining the Viral Re-adaption Secretion symptom with the 2 symptoms you wish to combine. If the necessary symptoms are present, the symptoms will be removed and replaced with the new one.